Posted on: Thursday, 14 July 2011, 12:26 CDT
SAN FRANCISCO, July 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Redfin today released Redfin for Android, a map-driven real estate search application for mobile devices using Google’s Android operating system.
No other Android application combines Redfin’s rich feature set with listing data directly from the Multiple Listing Services used by brokers. As a result Redfin for Android shows users all the homes for sale, in more detail than any other application can provide.
Redfin designed the Android application from the ground-up to support the most demanding home-buyers and real estate aficionados with features like:
- Full detail on every listing, with more than 20 fields for each home in the native application, and dozens more a tap away;
- Full-screen photos, for luscious detail on every bathroom and kitchen;
- Full price history, so users see how a listing’s price has changed since its debut;
- Photo upload, so users can add photos taken by the Android camera to a listing already on Redfin’s site;
- Agent Insights, which give Android users comments from Redfin agents with firsthand experience of a listing;
- Price-drop notifications, so users can follow a listing via Android and get email updates when its price drops or its status changes;
- Synchronization with Redfin’s website, so that favorite listings, crossed-out listings, private notes and home-tour schedules are the same on the device and on the web.
Delivering proprietary data about the home and its price history to registered users, Redfin for Android is already more powerful than Redfin for iPhone, the top-rated real estate app in the Apple iTunes store.
“Real estate search is fundamentally a mobile endeavor,” said Redfin Vice President of Engineering Sasha Aickin. “Nearly one in five visits to Redfin’s website originated from a mobile device last June, even though Redfin’s website has hardly worked when accessed by a mobile device.”
“Now Android users can enjoy the speed and power of a native application, and the convenience of full listing data on a mobile-optimized page. We built this application to be more powerful than any other Android real estate app – registered users can access a candy store of data on homes that we are not allowed to show the general public — because our business depends on guiding serious buyers through the entire process, whether browsing from a computer or out on tour, on your own or working with a Redfin agent.”
Redfin for Android supports Android 2.1 and later releases. The application is available in Google’s Android Market and, coming next week, in Amazon’s Appstore for Android.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is the real estate industry’s first technology-powered, customer-first brokerage. Redfin’s agents handle every facet of a transaction, including tours, pricing analyses, negotiations, inspections and closings. Redfin is the only major search site to feature listings direct from broker databases as well as for-sale-by-owner and foreclosure properties from across the Internet. The company pays its agents customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions, and surveys every client, publishing each survey alongside the agent’s complete deal history.
Redfin’s service is available in the metropolitan areas of Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, OR, Seattle, Washington DC, New York’s Long Island and Westchester County as well as most of California, including the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. To follow our daring exploits, subscribe to blog.redfin.com or our Twitter feed @redfin.
Source: PR Newswire
More News in this Category